Keto Seed Crackers - GF, DF
These crackers are similar to the Easy-to-Make Keto Crackers, but are more dense and include almonds. And they are delicious!!!
If you want to make this nut-free, swap the almond flour for sesame flour. There's lots of versatility with the recipe so play around with it and see what you like! And don't worry if you don't have the exact amounts for each seed -- as long as the total amount of seeds used is the same, you can use more of one and less of another.
1/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup flaxseed or chia seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1 TBSP ground psyllium husk powder
1 TSP salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup boiling water
1. Set the oven to 300ºF.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add boiling water and oil. Mix together.
3. Keep working the dough until it forms a ball and has a gel-like consistency.
4. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add another paper on top and use a rolling pint to flatten the dough evenly.
5. Remove the upper paper and bake on the lower rack for about 40-45 minutes, checking occasionally. Seeds are heat sensitive so play close attention towards the end being sure
they don't burn.
6. Turn off the oven and leave the crackers to dry in the oven. Once dried and cool, break into pieces.
In order to ensure crispness, be sure the crackers are completely dried and cooled before storing them in an airtight container.
Makes about 30 servings.